Welcome to The Goodinge Group Practice
You can now book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions online.
NHS 111 online
Get fast, free, urgent health advice in one easy-to-use webpage.
- Round the clock health advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A confidential way to instantly access urgent advice and services
- An easy way to take control of your health and medical concerns
For more information go to
For advice on how to treat minor ailments that occur click here for fact sheets on common conditions.
WALK-IN PHLEBOTOMY SERVICE
Please note that this is a walk-in service, just turn up between the indicated times and report to reception. If you have been asked to provide “fasting bloods”, you must not have consumed any food or drink other than water within the last 10 hours.
The Doctor will usually write to you if they need to discuss your results. However, please call reception between 3 and 4:30pm two weeks after your blood tests to confirm all the results have been received and actioned. You may be asked to make a telephone appointment if you wish to discuss results. You will not be contacted if your results are normal and/or no action is required.
9 am – 12:30pm
8:30 – 12:30pm
8:30 – 12:30pm
9 am – 12:30 pm
8:30 am – 12:45 pm
8:30am – 12:00pm
9 am – 1:30 pm
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
8:30 am - 1 pm
2 pm - 4:30 pm
8 am – 11.30 am
8 am – 11.30 am
8 am – 11.30 am
8:30am – 1 pm
2 pm – 4:30 pm
8:30am – 12 pm
Walk in clinic
9 am – 11:15 am
9 am – 11 am
Northern Medical Centre
580 Holloway Rd
0203 817 3975
Highbury Grange Medical Practice
1-5 Highbury Grange London
020 7226 2462
Tufnell Park Surgery
244 Tufnell Park Rd
020 7272 8747
Mildmay Medical Practice
2a Green Lanes London
020 7923 1999
Partnership Primary Care Centre
331 Camden Road London
020 3817 4431
Islington Central Medical Centre
28 Laycock Street
020 7359 0445
River Place Health Centre
020 7704 2832
Forms can also be taken to the walk-in Phlebotomy Department at the Whittington Hospital 9am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday (not on public holidays)
For same day urgent appointments for all under 16s please ring 020 7288 5882. All other appointments for children under 16 need to be booked by reception at the Goodinge. Blood tests will take place at the Whittington hospital.
Feedback to Patients on recent Patient Survey
Thank you to everyone who responded to the patient survey we sent out in August 2019. We really value the effort you made you to share your experiences and views.
We’ve looked through the responses and here are some of the highlights.
- 87% of people were happy with the experience of making their last appointment at the practice. Where we would like to improve is to improve the experience for the 30% of patients who had to try more than once to make a suitable appointment.
- Overall there was a preference for people to be kept up to date and involved in the practice by e-news letter and online surveys. We plan to create regular newsletter and canvas patient’s views with further surveys.
- People wanted more support with their medications. We have recruited two clinical pharmacists to the practice and plan to expand their role.
- People wanted to be able to get through on the phone with more ease and wait for less time. We have recruited more receptionists, have simplified our phone message and options and plan to move more administrative services online for ease of use and access.
- People wanted more appointments after work. We now offer more evening telephone appointments and our patients can also access routine evening and week-end GP appointments via the Islington ihub.
- People wanted more telephone appointments. We are looking at the optimal balance of face to face and telephone appointments but already offer more pre-bookable telephone appointments than other practices.
- 70% patients expressed an interest in getting online advice and support and overall people wanted more services offered via the practice website.. In response to this we plan to improve the functionality of our website and the range of content. We plan to make the following services available via the website over the next 12 months to streamline the experience for patients.
- Requesting on going Medical Certificates
- Booking appointments
- Ordering Prescriptions
- Signposting to useful services: screening services, hospitals, community services, Benefits, hospital transport, Occupational Health
- More information about minor ailments, mental health, LTC and Travel, HIV and IBS
Local Hospital Switchboard Numbers
Whittington: 020 7272 3070
UCH: 020 3456 7890
Royal Free: 020 7794 0500
Moorfieds: 020 7253 3411
Bart’s: 020 7377 7000
Care Quality Commission Inspection of the Goodinge Group Practice
Following an inspection in September 2017, the Goodinge Group Practice was classified as Good by the Care Quality Commission.
To read the full report, please access https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-566608030 .
NOTICE OF CHANGE TO NHS TRAVEL CLINIC APPOINTMENTS
The following travel vaccines are available free on the NHS:
- diphtheria, polio and tetanus (combined booster)
- hepatitis A – including when combined with typhoid
It is recommended that you book your travel appointment 6 – 8 weeks in advance of travel.
These appointments would be at one of our local iHub clinics, please check with reception for available places. i-Hub appointments can be booked even on evening times and weekends.
Please note our doctors do not give travel vaccines.
Please be aware that Hepatitis B and Meningitis ACWY vaccines for travel purposes are no longer being offered at the practice.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Data Subject Access Request Policy
Privacy note - North London Partners in healthcare
(Site updated 20/02/2020)