COVID-19 Vaccination – Frequently Asked Questions
You may have seen the news that the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency have approved the Oxford/Astra Zenica COVID-19 vaccine. This is alongside the Pfizer vaccine which has been used so far in some parts of the country.
Although this is obviously very good news, we would kindly ask that you do not contact the Practice to ask about your vaccination, as we do not have any further information at this time. All booking will be coordinated centrally and patients will be invited to make an appointment when it is their turn to do so.
When will I be called?
It is still our understanding that patients will be contacted according to the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) Criteria as below.
Where will the vaccinations be given?
It is likely that you will be invited to a site somewhere in central Manchester. Currently, there are no plans to offer any COVID-19 vaccination at individual Practices, although we hope that this may change.
Will I be able to choose which vaccination I want?
It is unlikely that patients will be offered a choice of vaccination.
What if I am not in one of the Priority Groups?
We do not know when or if the programme will extend to healthy people under the age of 50. The programme is scheduled to run to August 2021.
Gov.uk: Priority Groups for Coronavirus.
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
- All those 75 years of age and over.
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable. individuals.
- All those 65 years of age and over.
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions. which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.
- All those 60 years of age and over.
- All those 55 years of age and over.
- All those 50 years of age and over.
Patients will be called for vaccination at the appropriate time, allowing for the delivery of vaccinations, and we kindly ask you to wait to be contacted.
Many thanks for your ongoing patience.
The Goodinge Group Practice